What is a cookie?
Cookies are small information files that are stored on your browser. These files allow web pages to work more quickly, in a way that is adapted to user preferences, such as by storing information on your language or the currency of your country. They also help website owners to improve their services thanks to the statistical information they can collect through them.
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: these are necessary to allow the user to access the resources and services of a web page. For example, these include those that allow you to store the data of an online order.
- Personalization cookies: these allow you to personalize the functions or contents of the website, such as language or currency.
- Analysis cookies: These are used for statistical purposes only, such as for Google Analytics.
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: these collect information on browsing preferences, searches and personal choices.
- Geolocation cookies: these are used to find out which country you are in when a web page or service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help tailor the content to your location.
- Registration cookies: these are generated once the User has registered or logged in to identify the user on the website and provide them with access to the services they are authorized to use.
How to disable cookies on the most common browsers
- Configuration of cookies for Google Chrome
- Configuration of cookies for Apple Safari
- Configuration of cookies for Internet Explorer
- Configuration of cookies for Mozilla Firefox
You can find out more about cookies and their use at www.aboutcookies.org.